Your #1 community for graphics, layouts, glitter text, animated backgrounds and more.
(online status not displayed)
Wanna tell if you're weeaboo?
You've came to the right place.
Most people say they aren't weeaboos or don't even know what a weeaboo is yet act like a full forced annoying wanna be asian. So here's what a weeaboo is:
Weeaboo - Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find alot of these faggots clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore.
That is some people. But mostly 66% of Glitter Graphics are Wapanese
Wapanese - Wapanese is the term used to describe a person of non-japanese descent (usually white, however some others are lumped in there as well) who is incredibly obsessed with Japanese things.
A person who watches anime or majors in Japanese language at university is not counted as wapanese.
These are common behaviours displayed by wapanese:
1. Being obsessed with anime. The typical anime watcher enjoys the shows because they are fun to watch and interesting (not all are for children, that is a myth). However, wapanese will take it to an unhealthy level.
2. Their rooms will be filled with japanese things. Anything from anime stuff to japanese things such as Tatami. A true wapanese will have next to nothing non-japanese in their room.
3. Many wapanese will believe that Japan is the best country ever and that if they go there they will be adored. However, most wapanese don't understand that Japan is a very racist society and they don't like white people very much.
4. They will constantly post things on the internet containing a few of the japanese words they know. These words are usually: kawaii and baka. These words will be used in an english sentence such as: "You are so baka"
5. Many wapanese will develope an unhealthy obsession with asian girls/guys. Many of them will refuse to be with someone who isn't japanese.
6. wapanese tend to spend all of their time watching anime, reading manga and listening to japanese music. A lot of them are unemployed and live at home with their parents (some are students, some are over 30). The ones who do have jobs, have very poor jobs, such as working at a supermarket.
7. Wapanese listen to tons of japanese music but will refuse to listen to anything non-japanese. They also tend to say that non-japanese music is crap while the japanese music is godly. However, most wapanese tend to listen to Japanese Pop which can be very, very similar to non-Japanese pop.
8. Many wapanese do cosplay. However, many normal anime watchers cosplay as well. However, wapanese tend to overdo it and act very elitist at conventions.
9. Most wapanese know very little about Japan. They don't look past the anime and whatnot. Most wapanese don't know anything about Japan's history. However many wapanese will pretend to know what they are talking about, however they tend to be incorrect.
So? Can you tell if you're weeaboo or wapanese?
I will list some things usual weeaboos and wapanese kids do to their Glitter Graphic profiles.
1. They put their location to Japan or China which really they are not even in that location.
Annoying meter: 2/5.
2. They spam their profiles with japanese or chinese symbols or words such as "Kawaii."
Annoying meter: 5/5.
3. They reply when you ask if they are asian that they are a little asian which 97% are lying most of the time.
Annoying meter: 4/5.
4. They say they speak japanese or chinese but when you try to speak japanese or chinese to them they simpley reply "They're still learning."
Annoying meter: 4/5.
5. Cosplays or roleplaying is fun but 88% of them are only doing it so people can think they are asian when really they are fat white 12 year old girls who post pictures of famous anime girls and pretend it's them.
Annoying meter: 3/5.
Now, you're not a weeaboo if you are one of these in the following:
1. Even if you're obsessed with anime (not just because it's from Japan or shit like that but it's enjoyable to watch) that doesn't mean you're weeaboo.
2. If you know most of the asian language then don't feel too weeaboo.
3. Just because you like cute little things doesn't mean the cause was Japan or China.